Friday 17 May 2013

Some more pictures from the tower! This is my bunny. He lives under my cabin... I call him Sheloth The Destroyer. Hes a jumpy bugger. I promised not to eat him. cause he hangs out with me while i have coffee.

The cold frame i built... Omg it was a lot of work to do while running up and down the tower. I cut down some poled up black spruce and turned them into fenceposts and tried my best to drive them down more than a foot. Before that i took out all the soil and mixed it with straw so it had a bit of extra structure this summer. That frame has 2 types of peas, some carrots, a row of lettuce and a few bean plants growing in it. Since it gets down to 2 degrees C at night i wanted to keep everything as warm as possible. Gardening is tough while there is still snow on the ground... But if i can pull it off here then i can pull it off anywhere. Heh. Pull it off anywhere. heh.

My other garden -- no cold frame yet :( Its got potatoes and multiplier onions and celery planted so far. They are on the left. (i dug this entire thing out too...)

BREAD!!! This is my first batch of sourdough. Its soooo goood. It was a bit of a pain to make the first time round but it will get easier now that i know what i'm doing

Smoke! No big deal -- but this is what stubble being torched off a field looks like from 70 kilometers. Thats right -- that smoke is about 70 k from me.

Now for the cool one. Do you see it?

How bout now? A Lynx! He walked into the bush when he realized i was watching him. Jumpy kitty. Biiiiig kitty. Hes about the size of a german shepard. The bunny better watch his back... I think ima gonna name him "Here Kitty Kitty Kitty"







2 comments:

  1. Wow a Lynx - hope he doesn't eat the bunny or you! Your garden looks great - crossing my fingers the snow leaves sooner than later so your veggies get the courage to pop out of the ground. Can't wait until you can make that bread in your sleep so you can fill my freezer with it when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bread looks delicious mike! I'm trying to organize my back yard to I can put a raised vegetables garden in it.
    Hope your bunny knows where to hide so he dosnt get eatten!

    ReplyDelete